Cold Weather Safety Tips in the Workplace
‘Tis the season to be careful. Slips, trips, and falls happen year-round, but winter weather creates a hazardous environment that increases the risk of injuries. Education is essential in preventing winter weather-related injuries damages.
Tips to Help Avoid Slips, Trips, and Falls During the Winter Season:
- Remove snow, water, and ice on all walking surfaces immediately
- Have rock salt and cat litter on hand to help melt precipitation and create traction
- Educate your employees to be alert and have their hands ready to steady themselves when walking
- Have your employees avoid carrying heavy loads that may compromise balance
- Use signs, cones, barricades, and/or floor stands to warn your workers and visitors of hazards
- Have your employees wear footwear with heavy treads for increased traction
RBN Can Help
In addition to providing comprehensive insurance and risk management services, RBN provides value-added benefits and a full-service coverage platform to our clients. RBN can help develop safety procedures, employment policies, employee handbooks, and wellness programs. Additionally, RBN provides compliance guidance and access to relevant legislative updates.