Historically, it has been difficult to find coverage on a regular home policy for short-term rentals through service providers such as Airbnb or VRBO. Many homeowners’ policies do not cover commercial activity, which includes such short-term rentals. This leaves possible gaps in coverage if you have a claim.
In order to provide the best coverage for you and your family, we have teamed up with Proper Insurance. Their policies are underwritten through Lloyd’s of London to offer a program that provides comprehensive insurance and closes gaps that regular homeowners’ forms might have.
Proper Insurance® Policy Highlights:
- Designed to replace your current coverage, regardless if you live in the home or the property is just a rental.
- Commercial Package Policy: coverage for building, contents, liability, and income.
- Building & Contents: special cause of loss (all risk), replacement cost (new for old).
- Liability: $1,OOO,OOO/$2,OOO,OOO in commercial general liability with
- increased liability limits available.
- Income: actual loss sustained business income coverage with no time limit.
- Liability coverage enhancements for animals/pets, liquor, pools, hot tubs, exercise equipment, bicycles, small watercraft, golf carts, rec areas, + more.
- Property coverage enhancement for theft and damage caused by a renter.
- Vacancy clause removed with no standard occupancy restrictions.
- Ordinance or law enhanced to building limits.
- Bed bug extermination with lost business income.
For more information or to see if this policy is right for you, please reach out to Cecelia McCormick-Dunn at email@example.com.
As always, we are here for you and your family. Please reach out to us anytime with questions, concerns, or anything else you’d like to discuss. Wishing you health and safety during this time.