Coronavirus Resources for Senior Living Operators
The coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is a major concern for senior living facility operators. Below are available resources to utilize during this difficult time. Please reach out to us for further questions and needs. It’s imperative for senior living operators to take proactive measures to limit any potential liability exposure.
- Illinois Department of Public Health: Tips to prevent the spread of the virus within and between facilities, emergency preparedness plans, communication strategies, training protocols, and resource evaluation
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Preparedness checklist for nursing home and other long-term care settings, educational resources, recommended supplies, and visitor protocols
- American Health Care Association: Communication tools, sample handouts, sample daily logs for screening, tips for resident engagement
- United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): Approved disinfectants for use against coronavirus (COVID-19)
- World Health Organization (WHO): When and how to use masks, myths, and advice for health workers
- United States Government (usa.gov): International travel advisories and government agencies responses
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services: Guidance to nursing homes to help them improve their infection control and prevention practices to prevent the transmission of COVID-19.
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC): Technical assistance about Titles I and V of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 501 of the Rehabilitation Act and pandemic planning in the workplace
- Senior Housing News: Senior living facilities can fill much-needed staff positions with people out of work due to the coronavirus
RBN IS HERE TO HELP
During this time of uncertainty, you can count on RBN to be there for you. In addition to securing insurance programs, RBN is a resource for you and your organization for risk management procedures and protocols. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as necessary.